All things Baby, all the time.

Friday, March 03, 2006

unrelated

Mia has been sleeping like it's her job today, which, while perhaps not boding well for tonight, has been great for allowing us to nap, make some bagels (so much better than store bought), and read, read, read.

Still up to date with the new years resolution so far (a whole three months into the year, yea me!) on reading a new author each month. So far I can highly recommend the three that I've discovered for the few of you out there that aren't way ahead of me on this already.

Jonathan Lethem:


"Men and Cartoons" was a great collection of short stories, mostly set in Brooklyn. If Corrie and I needed another reason to leave all this behind for the dream of a brownstone in Park Slope (visualize the house in the Cosby show) Lethem just adds fuel to the fire. Also picked up "Fortress of Solitude, which didn't grab me as quickly. Got half way through it before January ended and I picked up...

John Banville:


Fantastically dark, lyrical stuff. Part crime/murder mystery, part descent into madness ala Crime and Punishment. Start off with "The Book of Evidence" to get an intro to his repeating main charector, then move on through "Ghosts" and "Athena". I want to someday get to his 2005 Booker winner "the Sea", but a new month started, which leads us to..

Thomas Keneally:

Author of Shindler's Ark (otherwise known by the movie from said book, Schindler's list), he tends towards WW II tales pitting ridgedly moral people against impossible situations to see how they crack. Just started 'The Office of Innocence" and am loving it so far.

Shame I might actually have to go back to work someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

How Popular are we?