All things Baby, all the time.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Ten weeks

It has been so long since we have posted...our apologies. Ben is back at work, I'm trying to do some work from home, and somehow the time has just slipped by. So much and so little has happened. Our days blend now. But it's been amazing, to tell the truth. So many changes have happened, even since the last post.
Mia smiles now. If you smile at her, she'll give you a huge gummy grin back. Her eyes light up. I can't wait to hear her laugh. I think it's coming soon.
She can grip toys now. She has figured out that she can make her hands do things, so she grabs toys, hair, jewelry. She also puts her hands in her mouth, but she hasn't found her thumb just yet.

The biggest change is that she sleeps now. For long periods of time. Last week she began sleeping seven hours at a stretch, and last night she slept for eight and a half hours. It was blissful for all. We've started reading bed time stories to her--she doesn't quite get it, but it's fun for me.

As much as I don't want to, we may have to move her out of our room and into her crib now. She's ready, most likely. If she sleeps eight hours I won't have to get up in the night to feed her. But I'm not ready. I like her sleeping next to me. When she wakes up, she always has a huge smile on her face. It's priceless.
This weekend we had a special Hebrew naming ceremony for her. We had some family and a handful of friends come to our home, and the rabbi gave her her Hebrew name, Menucha Rachel. Menucha was my grandmother's Hebrew name and Rachel my great-grandmother's. Some day she'll ask about her name, and it will be amazing for her to learn about her family. The ceremony was very moving. As the rabbi pointed out, Mia's birth was a miracle. I couldn't agree more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

How Popular are we?