All things Baby, all the time.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday Morning Mia

This time it's really me, not Ben typing as me.
It's finally quiet here. We did babysitting coop at our house today and four toddlers, even while two are sleeping, make a whole lot of noise. Add in a dog who desperately wants to play and you get a very loud house.

We had a lovely mother's day here. We had friends over for brunch, and the day was absolutely glorious. Ben and Mia got me the kitchen apron I had been asking for, so now I can bake and cook to my heart's content without so much as a crumb on my pants. I've actually been cooking much more in this kitchen, and with more success than usual. Yesterday I made a frittata that was one of my better dishes, and it got more compliments than almost anything I've ever made before. I also made a lemon cake on Thursday that Ben said was a 9 out of 10, which I think is pretty good.

Mia is talking up a storm these days. She has real words now--ball, shoe, hat, more, bottle, milk. It's incredible how much she can learn in a single day. It's no wonder she needs so much sleep--that brain has to do a lot of processing!

We are also fully weaned. Last Tuesday was Mia's last time nursing. It wasn't as traumatic for either of us as I had thought. Mia happily gulps down nearly 20 oz of milk per day now, and I'm happy to be a little more free than I felt before. She still lets me snuggle with her as she drinks her bottle, so really it's about the same as before.

Our house is coming together, too. We bought some flowers for the back yard, and finally got some chairs for the table. Please come visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

How Popular are we?