All things Baby, all the time.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

98th percentile


We consider ourselves reasonably smart people, but this one has me stumped. Apparently 98% of all car seats are installed incorrectly. How this is possible is completely beyond me, given there is one strap with two hooks. The strap comes looped through the car seat base, and the two hooks clip onto the “car seat hooks”. That being said, Corrie is stopping by to get our car seat inspected to see what we did wrong. Somehow we must have messed this up, but I just can’t see how. Appointment is not until 10:30 this morning, so I’ll follow up when she lets me know how we did. It’s like the SAT’s all over again.

(Update)

Yup we did it wrong. For some reason, Subaru, which is billed as 'family friendly' went out of their way to highlight their new latch system designed for baby seats. Unfortunately, they only put the latches on either side, when everybody knows, baby seat has to go in the middle. I tried straddling the two latches, which apparently was very very wrong of me to do. Instead, the seat is now secured with the middle seatbelt (there's even a level on the side, which is a nice touch), leaving two sets of totally useless latch buckles on either side. I hate people today, or perhaps just feel foolish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

How Popular are we?